InterQuest Group plc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
InterQuest Group plc may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from and was last updated on 1st January 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· name and job title
· contact information including email address
· Curriculum Vitae information and data
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
· to assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
· to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
· to enable you to submit your Curriculum Vitae, apply online for jobs, or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
· to market our full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, and recruitment process outsourcing services);
· to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies’ websites when you log on, to improve your personal online experience);
· to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
· to answer your questions and enquiries;
· to obtain from third parties, where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, to verify the details you have provided;
· to provide to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners;
· to provide to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
· to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy;
· internal record keeping.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
We may also pass your information to, or allows access to such information to the InterQuest group of companies, whose locations can be found at www.interquestgroup.com in order that they may use your personal information in the same way as we process, use and disclose your information as described above.
Disclosure of information to InterQuest Group clients
Our clients can register for our employment bureau services by sending us an email or otherwise. We will vet prospective clients for creditworthiness, trading history and any other pertinent factors. We will not forward your details to our clients for job-finding services without discussing the client and the relevant opportunity with you first, and then getting your consent to us forwarding your details to them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use industry standard (or better) firewall technology to protect your personal data in our databases. Any paper based personal data, such a references, shall be viewable and securely stored by relevant staff who need access to such data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Data Protection Officer, Interquest Group plc, 6-7 St Cross Street, London, EC1N 8UA. We will seek to act upon your request within the timescales set down by current UK data protection laws. If your request for information exceeds that which we are legally obliged to disclose, we will inform you of this and the legal reasons for refusing to disclose certain data. You have the right at any time to require us to update, modify or delete any personal information which we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.