Web Developer (Urgent)
£50,000 | Brighton | Permanent
Posted 4 days ago
Our client is a leading financial services organisation based in Brighton & Hove. They are currently undergoing an enterprise scale programme of development & transformation/change. They urgently require a Web Developer to join a highly skilled and growing team. This is your opportunity to become an integral part of a rapidly growing organisation, with an excellent culture! In addition, the role should champion Digital Transformation across the organisation by promoting knowledge and understanding of the IT Digital platforms.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of front end applications and websites
* Provide technical guidance across aspects of the technology stack
* Utilise and champion relevant SDLC methodology to drive continuous improvement and increase time to market whist maintaining high quality
* Apply expert knowledge to interpret high level requirements and help inform design to produce well engineered solutions
* Liaise and collaborate with other developers across the department to support shared responsibilities
* Identify and suggest new tools, technologies and working practices that support the continued programme of change, growth and development of the client
* Provide guidance, expertise and encourage self-improvement to support a digitally focused culture
* Work across multiple work streams, and escalate issues, challenges and risks as well as proposing ways to mitigate
Skills / Experience / Knowledge :
Experienced Web Developer with understanding of online and open source technologies.
* Familiar with industry standard principles and methodologies
* Strong attention to detail and ability to challenge when appropriate
* Experienced in mobile first, responsive design
* Ability to estimate, plan, prioritise and deliver to deadlines without compromising quality
* Good knowledge of digital technologies and drive for self-improvement to expand on current knowledge
* Good knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles and experienced in working within an Agile environment
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, across organisational hierarchy and able to communicate complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
Understanding and experience to include the following technical skills:
* .Net and SQL
* Integrating HTML/CSS into ASP.NET environment
* Working knowledge of Web Services (SOAP/REST)
* Good working knowledge of CMS systems
* Developing for Search Engine Optimisation
* Standards-compliant code
* Familiar with Octopus Deploy
Fantastic opportunity, interviews next week, send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.