Competitive | Bradford | Contract
Posted 22 days ago
Role: Virtualisation Technician
Duration: 3 months (initially)
Rate: £300 - 350 a day
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Virtualisation Technician to join the my clients Technology team in Bradford.
The 12 month Modernisation of Infrastructure Programme of work will consist of moving VM ware platform to Oracle Virtual Machine and Dell VX.
* You will be responsible in leading in the development and maintenance of efficient and reliable products, applications and services.
* To meet agreed business needs, through the management of teams, and/or through monitoring and control of standards and quality.
The Technology Specialist - Virtualisation team does the following:
* Produces and agrees domain specific strategy and roadmap, enabling a clear vision for the domain
* Act as Subject Matter Expert for the technology domain and establishes a centre of excellence/competency centre around the technology
* Lead on programmes of work impacting the domain e.g. IT Simplification
* Develop and maintain a high level of competency and technical excellence within the team; working with Practice Leads to promote the continued development and capability of team members
* Delivers robust and scalable services and technologies in line with defined and agreed service levels
* Contribute to reporting around capacity and performance within the domain
* Provides a key supporting role in service management disciplines around incident, problem and change management
* Supports the Technical Recovery Manager when required in order to resolve complex issues
* Support the delivery of projects to budget, and in line with plan and forecast; identifying and addressing risks and ensuring that all OpEx costs are forecast
* Contributes to the Risk Register for the area, ensuring all risks are logged, tracked and mitigated ahead of deadline
* Supports the delivery of Management Information (MI) and enables reporting of financial and risk management performance across the technology domain
* What skills and qualifications do I need to be a successful Technology Specialist - Virtualisation?
* Expert technical knowledge in Virtualisation technologies specifically VMware products; including vSphere, vSAN, NSX, Site Recovery Manager, vROps
* Ideally certified to VCP6 minimum
* A track record of simplifying through automation using vRealize Suite or similar technologies.
* A thorough appreciation across multiple technical domains including Linux, HPUX, HPE and DELL server Infrastructure.
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills demonstrated through managing complex issue remediation.
* Capable of communicating highly complex issues in a simple manner to support decision making
* Significant IT service delivery experience across multi-disciplined teams and extensive knowledge in relevant areas (ITIL Foundation as a minimum)
* Resilient and calm in the face of significant challenge, able to harness these skills to support clear decision making in times of crisis
If the role is of interest to you or someone you may know, please email over CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.