UNIX Systems Specialist (Urgent)
£650 | United Kingdom | Contract
Posted 9 days ago
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an exceptional UNIX Systems Specialist to join our thriving well known multinational Investment Bank. The client has just built a brand new Big Data platform and they are now looking to bring on an operations systems special who is eager to develop their current skillset and experiences.
* Unix scripting knowledge
* Working in a Java development environment (Essential)
* Strong multi-tasking skills and solid Monitoring experience
* General understanding of financial data
* Ability to coordinate IT support activities across multiple applications.
* Ability to influence different peer groups.
* Proven track record in implementing and refining support processes.
* Ability to react appropriate to challenging situations (e.g. capable of managing production outages)
* Minimum 3 years' experience of Support in one of the financial firms
* Strong interpersonal and excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Ability to develop or working knowledge of Java
* Knowledge of No-SQL databases and Big Data (HBase/Hadoop, MongoDB, Casandra etc.)
* Understanding of distributed systems & grid computing.
* General computer sciences background a plus; the more they understand about the workings of the tech, the better.
* ITRS Geneos
Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading organization investing heavily into new technologies and platforms. The client is ideally looking to pay £600 a day for this initial 6 month contract however if you have all the experience above there may some flexibility on that expectation. Apply now to get shortlisted.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.