£40,000 | Newcastle-under-Lyme | Permanent
Posted 1 month ago
Our client offers Interest-Free Credit through their Retail Partners. They're a fair and responsible lender and this is a very exciting time join them as they prepare to scale in size. They're looking for an Underwriter for their newly refurbished office based in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
This role will lead on credit risk management of their retail partners:
* Risk Management and Compliance
* Retailer Credit Risk Underwriting
* Fraud and financial crime risk management
What is expected of the Underwriter;
As a Retailer Credit Underwriter, you will be a key player of the risk function. Your primary responsibility will be to undertake credit risk assessments of new and existing retailers. This will include gathering the relevant information needed to complete a credit review. This requires you to review both financial and non-financial information to complete a risk assessment of their retail business partners, primarily to ensure that the risk of loss to our client is minimised. You will be liaising with the sales team with regards to new applications and sometimes going directly to the retailer when monitoring an existing relationship.
What we look for in an Underwriter;
* Experience as a credit risk manager/underwriter and have a good understanding of common financial statements
* 2 years' experience in risk management/underwriting
* Ability to be able to price for risk, suggest alterations to standard contracts to meet with the business risk appetite
What the Underwriter will receive;
* A base salary of £30,000 OTE £40,000 (substantial salary increases based on business and personal performance)
* Luxury working environment
* Excellent career progression - THIS IS A VERY EXCITING TIME TO JOIN THEM
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.