Test & Validation Manager
Competitive | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 6 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are a technology industry leader, supporting them with the recruitment of a Test Validation Manager to join their thriving team in London
The role will pay a competitive salary (available on request) alongside an excellent benefits package.
The Test Validation Manager will be responsible delivering enterprise solutions (cloud based) testing for agreed technology initiatives, as well as functional responsibilities aligned with improving product quality. The Test Validation Manager will drive the Testing team and lead the preparation, execution and management of test plans and the testing in line with company guidelines and standards.
What is expected of the Test Validation Manager?
- Understands and implements the Quality Assurance policies and procedures in conjunction with other areas of IT
- Develops test strategies, plans and procedures for automated and manual testing
- Leads and manages the advancement of testing
- Works with the relevant project teams in analysis and design reviews to identify issues that require clarification and resolution. Whilst identifying, analysing, and reporting on risks throughout the testing process.
- Responsible for 3rd party vendor and stakeholder management across a global remit
- Ensure that the test team understands the technical and functional requirements of the project
- Ensures security and integrity of test environments, including ensuring traceability matrix between project requirements and test coverage.
- Examine test results to confirm proper test methods are used and accurate results are obtained
- Work with technical staff to prepare and maintain a test environment in which to execute the testing process.
- Work with technical teams to perform performance tests for load, volume, stress, reliability, availability, maintainability, portability, and security
- Working with the IT leadership team, the business, and the process owners to define and implement the improvements that are required
- Conduct post testing phase reviews and focus on continuous improvement
- Drive automation, quality, effectiveness, and efficiency across the testing landscape.
What we look for in a Test Validation Manager
- Ideal candidates will be degree educated with a minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience in an enterprise cloud solutions test environment, implementing and managing testing and developing plans and strategies
- Candidates will preferably have ITIL v3 foundation or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Ideal candidates will have a proven background in enterprise (cloud based) solution testing
- Candidates will have proven experience in managing 3rd party vendors, ideally in a global or multi-national setting
- Certification in one or more Software Test Tools - such as Panaya would be an advantage
- Experience of SDLC for ERP implementation in relation to front and back office applications is advantageous
- Candidates who are a member of or have a Quality Assurance related certification such as Quality Assurance International (QAI), Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE), and/or Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) would be highly desirable
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.