Test Manager (Urgent)
£55,000 | Brighton | Permanent
Posted 5 days ago
Our client is a leading financial services organisation based in Brighton & Hove. They are currently undergoing an enterprise scale programme of development & transformation/change. They urgently require a Test Manager to join a highly skilled and growing team. This is your opportunity to become an integral part of a rapidly growing organisation, with an excellent culture!
Purpose of the role:
The Test Manager will be responsible for the management and leadership of the test team within the Design and Change area, overseeing the delivery of test workloads for corporate projects and defining\managing the organisational test strategy and associated practices.
* Lead and manage the test team, working alongside other team managers, architects, project managers and other stakeholders as applicable.
* Ensure that testing is effectively embedded into the systems delivery process, to facilitate faster speed to market and increased quality of delivered solutions.
* Demonstrate accountability, planning and prioritisation for project test activities (including system testing, regression testing, test automation, non-functional testing and user acceptance testing [UAT]), as well as other activities supporting the test lifecycle, such as automated vulnerability scanning, test data generation\masking and test environment provision tasks.
* Manage the test approach, resourcing, execution and reporting of multiple concurrent projects, working cross-functionally with other delivery managers within the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Serve as an ambassador for all aspects of testing, keeping close to emerging industry trends and ensuring that the test function works to best practices and optimum efficiency.
* Responsible for performance and people management of the members of the test team.
* Be at the forefront of driving forward organisational test strategy, objectives and ambitions.
* Be passionate about testing, always representing the discipline positively and actively researching emerging trends in the industry.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge :
* Test management experience, overseeing test activities for multiple concurrent projects, spanning manual testing, automation testing, and non-functional testing and user acceptance testing.
* Hands-on experience in all aspects of testing, encompassing the full range of test activities performed throughout the SDLC.
* Experience of working with third-party development teams and suppliers.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet business critical deadlines and SLAs.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Able to influence senior management and stakeholders.
* Ability to deliver test strategies and approaches, working closely with other business functions.
* Solid experience in the creation of test documentation.
* Expertise in a range of IT systems architectures and application domains.
* Strong knowledge of SQL Server.
* Experience of a range of project\development methodologies and their associated ceremonies, e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban etc.
* ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certified.
* Automation test experience (using Selenium WebDriver).
* Performance test experience (using JMeter).
* Hands-on expertise in administering HP ALM, Jenkins or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)\Azure DevOps.
* Knowledge of Middleware or API-led Connectivity platforms and principles.
* Experience of automated vulnerability scanning (using OWASP ZAP).
Fantastic opportunity, interviews next week, send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.