Test Leader (Banking Sector)
£725 per day | City of London | Contract
Posted 13 days ago
Our client is a leading financial services who are based in the City. Test Leader role requires a full-time onsite presence in central London that tests a range of software products across multiple platforms and technologies. The Test Lead will form part of a specialist test team working across a number of projects within a large programme.
The Test Lead will be responsible for test planning, analysis and estimation, and co-ordination of test activities on projects or work streams.
* Acting as the single point of contact for a team of Test Engineers.
* Defining and managing test plans.
* Defining and creating key deliverables.
* Ensuring conformance to test standards and governance across a project or work stream.
* Supporting test environment and test data engineers where needed.
* Supporting the Programme Test Manager in managing the testing capability across multiple work streams.
* Supporting the Programme Test Manager in balancing resource allocation against project / work stream status.
* Adopting a pragmatic approach in regards to delivery, being prepared to devise alternative solutions where effort and deadlines are in conflict.
* Adopting a pragmatic approach in regards to demand management, negotiating and devising.
* ISTQB / ISQI / ISEB Foundation level qualification.
* Certification in or extensive experience of agile methodologies.
* Extensive experience of software testing covering the complete project life-cycle, in a structured environment (both iterative/agile and waterfall).
* Extensive experience of a range of software testing types including functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT and OAT.
* Experience of leading software testing, including where both internal and 3rd parties are involved.
* ISEB Intermediate level qualification or demonstration of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through experience.
* Certification in or experience of any of the following:
* ITIL 2007 / 2011
* Agile Methodologies
* Exposure to test tools would be beneficial (e.g. Eggplant, JIRA, TFS, ALM, Confluence, Selenium etc.)
* Experience of software testing Banking Systems and applications.
* Knowledge of software architecture technologies such as XBRL, HTML, VB, .NET, XML, Java, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, Unix/Linux, SAP, Oracle, SQL, SharePoint.
* Experience of software testing in web based applications.
This will be initial a 6 month contract and has been deemed to be inside IR 35. Apply now for more information.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.