£40,800 | United Kingdom | Permanent
Posted 18 days ago
My client are a leading financial services organisation based in a vibrant location in the heart of London. They are undergoing huge change and transformation across the wider business providing a more agile way of working and ensuring their infrastructure is effective and efficient. I am recrutiing for a Test Lead who will join their Markets and Banking Divison. Markets & Banking COO provides the vital function of supporting and improving performance across the Governorship. We are at the forefront of cross-divisional issues relating to business planning, operational risk and change delivery, in order to:
* support good governance, prioritisation and a strategy consistent with Vision 2020 and Bank values;
* help identify and manage operational risk, and maintain readiness for contingency events;
* provide business analysis and UAT expertise in support of the M&B project portfolio and OpenLink system; and
* secure the right central services (IT, HR, project) resource.
This is a people management role. You will be responsible for day to day management of the team and for defining roles and responsibilities. You will develop your team through sharing information effectively, coaching and presenting a clear vision to ensure that staff are productive, engaged and motivated to deliver the area's aims. This will include setting clear goals and smart stretching objectives that are aligned to those of the team, division and directorate. You will also be responsible for handling all staff-related matters that may arise including performance, absence and sickness
The primary focus of your role is to lead a pool of test analysts providing assurance to stakeholders that high quality, rigorous testing has been applied ahead of changes being implemented to the 'Live' M&B systems, and across various projects within the M&B Portfolio. This will involve providing challenge to both the team, on their proposals and progress, and stakeholders, on their engagement and requirements. You will also need to use your analytical skills to produce key testing documentation which is circulated to a wide audience across Markets, Banking and Technology.
This role offers good exposure within Markets and Banking, and requires a mix of skills from ensuring correct governance is followed to overseeing safe implementation of change to our critical systems, strong staff management and being able to "hold your own" when dealing with stakeholders (e.g. with senior management).
* This role will have staff management responsibility for a subset of junior staff between 2 to 5
* The Test Lead will play a key role in establishing the network of contacts, implementing UAT plans and supporting the Test Manager through this process.
* Really good inter personal skills and communications skills and a good team player. Motivated, not afraid to challenge.
* Externally recognised testing qualification e.g. ISTQB - Foundation or higher
* Technologies wise: Swift is good and a bonus if they have experience of testing swift.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.