Competitive | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 22 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key asset management clients supporting with the recruitment of a Technology Lawyer on a 12-month contract paying highly competitive day rate. This is to join the team in their prestigious Central London office (hybrid working in place)
The role is designed to help set up the team's vendor management contracting templates and processes and undertake a back book remediation exercise of the company's vendor contracts. The candidate will report to the Senior Managing Lawyer in the Commercial and Corporate Legal Team but is expected to be able to work with minimal supervision.
What is expected of the Technology Lawyer?
We are looking for a technically astute and commercially aware IT/technology lawyer who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Drafting and negotiating outsourcing, hosted technology, SaaS, professional services, software licence and development and application services and related agreements
- Experience in creating playbooks for the above agreements.
- Experience in negotiating market data and critical and important outsourcing agreements.
- Ability to train non-commercial lawyers on matters relating to technology contracts.
- Drafting and negotiating general commercial agreements with suppliers
- Negotiating external counsel engagement letters.
What we look for in a Technology Lawyer?
- Experience in an in-house commercial legal department or in the IT/technology department in private practice
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic, solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills to maintain credibility with the business.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information in relation to our client's business and to take a pragmatic approach and manage workload efficiently.
- Experience in quantifying and explaining legal risks, demonstrable experience of participating in risk vs reward decision making.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead complex work in an evolving global environment and matrix organization.
What the Technology Lawyer will receive?
- 12-month contract
- Highly competitive day rate
- Excellent brand to add to your portfolio
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.