Technical Design Architect
£57,000 | Birmingham | Permanent
Posted 22 days ago
POSITION | Technical Design Architect | Home based | salary £45,000 - £ 55,000 PA + benefits
Due to the position, our cleint requires the successful candidate has had 5 years+ experience within the managed service provider market, in both pre-sales or solutions architect role. The successful candidate should be familiar with the current UK Network & Security services market place and current technologies.
About the company
Our client is a leading managed service provider with a rich end-to-end solution portfolio covering the spectrum of Connectivity, Cloud and Collaboration, designed and delivered by our own highly skilled teams from our privately owned, UK based multi-million pound infrastructure.
AIM OF THE ROLE:
The Technical Design Architect will work with the Sales & Solutions Management to achieve business growth goals and objectives. This is done by providing responsive, timely and accurate pre-sales technical resource to understand customer requirements and design solutions to enable the outcomes sought by the customer in addition to managing appropriate vendor relations to attain the best and most viable outcomes .
The role involves leading edge design of technical network and security solutions across multiple vendors and technology sets with responsibility for current and new technology from existing partners as well as technology evaluation and product introduction for new technologies in conjunction with product management. The role will involve supporting our sales team in customer meetings for new opportunities with full responsibility for technical design and detailed scope of works documentation. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience providing consultancy services, pre-sales of on-premise and data-centre based network & security solutions.
Principle responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Must be able to, if not on all occasions, own aspects of the project cycle from initial engagement with sales in a pre-sales capacity to design, pricing and hand-over into delivery.
* To work closely with customers to ensure the design and associated commercial model is as accurate and suitable for the customer.
* To ensure a coherent and consistent technical strategy is applied, providing technical leadership and architectural governance on all solutions.
* To produce solution proposal standardised documentation for sales incorporating all specialist areas as appropriate i.e. Server, Storage, Software, Networking, Services, etc. either directly or via the tender team.
* Have in-depth technical knowledge in a specialist field with a broad understanding of all infrastructure technologies both at a pre-sales and delivery level.
* Act as the technical authority, overseeing infrastructure transformation programmes and projects or submitting internal design documentation for managed services.
* Where aligned to specific customer accounts, lead the development of technology strategy, roadmaps and future state architectures.
* Develop strong relationships with senior customer IT staff and become a trusted advisor.
* Ensure appropriate design documentation is produced as a recognised set of deliverables that are consistent to the solution.
* Understand/escalate the technical risks associated with each aspect of the service and/or projects for the account.
* Lead cross technology team working to ensure integrated infrastructure architecture.
* Assist in the development of customer accounts by keeping up to date and being knowledgeable in all areas of the clients managed services, with the ability to discuss and convey the associated benefits of the services.
* Managing all solutions activity prior to any contract including answering the solutions elements of any RFI/RFP/ITT for opportunities
As a minimum, he/she must have experience working with some/all of the following vendor propositions:
* 8+ years working knowledge in security solutions
* Demonstrable & Certified Knowledge in Fortinet (NSE 7) & Cisco (CCNP) technologies.
* Demonstrable knowledge in Huawei, Ruckus, Brocade & Meraki technologies.
* Advanced knowledge of WAN, LAN, DC and other ICT technologies
* Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience of TCP/IP networks
* Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience with multi-vendor routers / switches / firewalls
* Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience with all routing protocols
* Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience with the implementation and troubleshooting of QoS
* Candidate must be customer focused, have excellent organisational skills, have a logical approach to problem solving and demonstrate a strong technical mind set.
* Experience in carrying out chargeable project work in the role of network\security consultant.
If you would like to apply then please reply: email@example.com
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.