Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager
£80,000 | Stevenage | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 7 days ago
Our client is a well-established Insurance provider who is recruiting a Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager on a base salary of up to £79,700 to be based from their Stevenage office. They provide great value, high quality insurance to trade union members and their families. Their services are also available to the general public looking to benefit from their competitive premiums and wide range of cover on Home, Travel, Pet and Car Insurance.
Their Claims department have an exciting opportunity for the post of Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager. If you have a track record of leadership, cost control and technical claims management of large loss claims this may just be the role for you.
The Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager will provide leadership, cost control and technical claims management of all our clients Large Loss Claims (>£25k). You will ensure that all large losses and complex claims are managed in compliance with policy terms, ensuring minimal financial leakage and proactively contributing towards the delivery of our client's financial objectives in respect of claims spend. You will have management responsibility for our clients claims spend (c.£10m p.a.) and be able to identify all potential claims cost recovery opportunities and, in turn, to maximise income opportunities through our Recovery Partners. They will be able to provide customers with consistent, timely and high-quality customer service.
What is expected of the Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager;
* Personally, responsible for the evaluation and effective cost management of all our client's large losses and complex claims.
* Ensure that all potential large loss claims are identified quickly (immediately post-registration) and that a claim strategy is put in place for each new claim which is then executed accordingly and evidenced through an annual audit of closed claims by an external auditor.
* Create, maintain and distribute (to CEO, FD & Senior Claims Management Team) a Large Loss Claim Register, providing a consolidated view of all open large losses, including a summary of each claim event, circumstances, reserve, 'current position', next-steps and recommendations.
* Lead and participate in a daily 'large loss meeting', providing a forum for all new and ongoing large losses to be discussed and the most appropriate claim pathway debated
* Responsible for ensuring adequate reserving and accuracy of claim payments, through appropriate supervision and authority levels.
* To identify all potential claims cost recovery opportunities and, in turn, to maximise income opportunities through our Recovery Partners.
* Working in partnership with the Claims Team Manager to ensure that all large loss claim workflow and telephony is proactively managed and that all SLAs are adhered to (internal and supplier SLAs).
What we look for in a Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager;
* Insurance qualification (CII/CILA) essential.
* Strong performance management skills ensuring that individuals, suppliers and the overall team achieve their full potential.
* Excellent analytical skills - working under own initiative to review MI, analyse trends and to make informed decisions based on the analysis.
* Ability to pay attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills to deal with difficult people issues and provide the right outcome for the person and the business.
* Ability to react positively to problem solving and different leadership styles.
* Strong people skills, showing that you can support people development and succession planning.
* Knowledge and understanding of FCA procedures.
What the Technical Claims & Recoveries Manager will receive;
* A base salary of up to £79.700
* Family friendly policies
* Support for personal development
* Final salary pension scheme
* Give As You Earn Scheme
* Access to annual sports and social club membership
* An Employee Assistance Programme
* Health Cash plan (taxable benefit)
* Season Ticket Loans
* Friendly working environment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.