Team Manager - Independent Reviewing and Child Protection Team - Public Sector
£500 per day | West Sussex | Contract
Posted 12 days ago
Team Manager Reviewing (IRO) and Conferencing (CPA)
We are hiring for an experienced Team Manager - Reviewing (IRO) and Conferencing (CPA) Teams to join our public sector client in West Sussex for a permanent cover contract role for 3-6 months.
About the job
You will be working within the Safeguarding, Quality and Practice Service within the Children, Young People and Learning Directorate leading up to 8 Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO's) and Child Protection Advisors (CPA's) and reporting into the Head of Conferencing and Reviewing. You will lead and motivate a team, delivering reviews and safeguarding conferences whilst also being integral to supporting senior managers by advising on strategy, policy and further direction of the service, ensuring effective feedback and translation into service delivery. Due to the nature of this role you will be expected to travel county wide.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be excited by the opportunity to work closely with colleagues across the system, passionate about challenging and celebrating practice, to secure the best outcomes for children. You will be resilient, sensitive and empathic to the needs of families with the ability to support those who are in complex situations. As an effective and supportive manager you will be able to ensure the effective performance of your team whilst also supporting individual team members through effective and reflective supervision. As a confident decision maker you will be able to effectively review challenges from across the service where CPA/IRO decision making is questioned whilst at the same time, with an eye for detail, identifying areas for improvement across the system through the identification of trends or practice concerns.
Required experience and skills
- Confident and clear about what good looks like for children, with the ability to constructively and tenaciously challenge all areas and levels of the system where practice falls short of achieving this.
- Provision of effective performance management including reflective individual and group supervision.
- Confident and empathic when engaging with and supporting families in complex situations
- Confident decisionmaker with the ability to articulate your decisions effectively
- Ability to assimilate and understand complex information
- The ability to relate effectively to colleagues in other agencies and professions
- Ability to articulate complex information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to identify new and creative methods of working, demonstrating a positive attitude that will support colleagues who are experiencing change
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Social Work Qualification degree or masters
- Social Work England Registration
- Children's social care leadership experience
- Good working knowledge of Child Protection Planning and the IRO handbook
- Recent Social Work Practice experience
- Detailed experience of child journey through social care
- Detailed understanding of the implications of child protection and care plan decision making
Experience of chairing effective team meetings, promoting a culture of safe challenge, reflection and outcome-based discussion.
Please apply now for immediate consideration to Georgina at InterQuest.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.