Competitive | Northampton | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 30 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the software sector, supporting them with the recruitment of an Tax Analyst to join their thriving team in Northampton. This role does work on a hybrid model it will only be 4 days a month in the office. The role will pay a highly competitive salary (available on request).
As an indirect Tax Analyst you will be supporting the Indirect Tax Manager in preparation, analysis and submission of VAT, Intrastat and ESL returns for the VAT registrations within the Europe, Middle east and Africa (EMEA) region. Maintaining a good working knowledge of indirect tax legislation and procedures and assist with providing advice to the businesses on EU-wide indirect tax matters.
A Tax Analyst is responsible for:
- The preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales listings for a number of European subsidiaries.
- Liaising with Indirect tax manager regarding VAT queries
- Preparation of monthly VAT control account reconciliations and monthly VAT journal entries
- Ownership, management and implementation of the supporting administrative tasks that the role involves
- Resolution of management review questions raised on returns and reconciliations
- Maintenance of VAT rates within IT systems
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
To be a successful Tax Analyst will need to be:
- Highly IT literate including advanced Excel
- Experience of VAT accounting in Oracle or similar financial system
- Strong analytical skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on deadline delivery
- Basic understanding of VAT and VAT regulations
- Accurate and able to meet tight deadlines.
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- A proactive individual who strives to deliver high quality results and who is continuously looking for new and innovative solutions to issues e.g. to develop and improve systems and processes;
We are looking for someone who Ideally has experience in preparation and submission of VAT, intrastate and EC Sales listings for European subsidiaries, and suitable relevant management accounting experience
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.