Systems Engineer (AWS- Serverless)
£60,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 18 days ago
Our client is a dynamic, pioneering, and inspiring Group and is currently transforming their Enterprise Platform into an AWS Serverless environment. Currently we are urgently looking for a proactive and meticulous Systems Engineer to join an Enterprise Engineering team. Working closely with Platform experts in Cloud, DevOps and Agile, you will possess contemporary industry knowledge and the skills required to engage, influence, and challenge your peers. You will be successful at developing a strong internal network and provide support and work collaboratively with your immediate peer group with domain expertise.
The Systems Engineer is a key role in a Transformation Programme, reporting directly to the Engineering Lead. You will work with a team of expert engineers to define and build a new way of working in the Cloud. This is a hands-on role, where you can use your technical skills to help deliver new ways of working at the organisation.
Platform Engineering is helping to build the next generation enabling services that will run the client of the future. It forms part of the wider Application Development & Maintenance function, but has close ties into operational aspects, security, and architecture; and is seen as a trusted partner and collaborator by those functions.
* Providing your expertise to build core services to be consumed by Projects (e.g., landing zones, Security controls, governance automation & Core networking) to cloud best practice.
* Liaising with projects to help them consume services in an appropriate and governed manner
* Working with internal and external suppliers to design and build the configuration management, release, and deployment and operations cycle to meet business requirements.
* Amplifying feedback loops - and increase the frequency - through the automation
* Identifying and implementing opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the development and continuous deployment of applications.
* Excellent AWS skills - both depth and breadth of services - Certified preferred
* Cloud formation
* Serverless environment experience essential
* Clear and opinionated understanding of cloud (AWS) best practice
* Usage and implementation of CI/CD pipelines to deliver continuous improvement - essential
* Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
Come join them and you will find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. They are always encouraging internal development and you will have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry
Our client is offering a comprehensive of benefits. A fantastic opportunity to join a great blue-chip organisation with massive investment into new technology projects, short listing now - send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.