Systems Engineer - AWS
£60,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 22 days ago
Our client is a dynamic, pioneering and inspiring Financial Services organisation and is transforming their Enterprise Platform environment. Currently we are urgently looking for a proactive and meticulous Systems Engineer (AWS) to join a brand new Enterprise Engineering team for another brand of their business. Working closely with the transformation team, you will possess contemporary industry knowledge and the skills required to engage, influence and challenge your peers. You will be successful at developing a strong internal network and provide support and work collaboratively with your immediate peer group with domain expertise.
The Systems Engineers is a key role in a Transformation Programme, reporting directly to the Engineering Lead. You will work with a team of expert DevOps engineers to define and build a new way of working in the Cloud. This is a hands-on role, where you can use your technical skills to help deliver new ways of working within this new and highly successful venture.
· Systems Engineering (implementation) capability (Hosting infrastructure, Networking, Security Technologies and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Engineering Tools, Analytics etc.).
· Agile system engineering expertise (competent and capable).
· Commercial use of AWS services, Cloud Formation, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling,
· Working with CI/CD Pipelines using AWS Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Jenkins, Lambda, Docker & Containerisation using AWS Fargate and Infrastructure as a Code
· Integration of code quality and security tools in code pipelines to improve and identify security issues
· Carry out system reviews to ensure accordance with architectural principles set out by and agreed within the team.
· Work with third parties to resolve infrastructure issues in existence and proactively engage with vendors to ensure continued availability of systems for which the team is responsible.
· Ensure that tasks which can be automated are automated to drive down cost and improve agility.
· Hands-on experience with Bitbucket, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Git
· Develop code in Python, Bash scripting and familiarity with standard code libraries
Our client is offering a comprehensive of benefits to the basic. This role would suit someone who is looking to gain exposure to new and the latest cutting edge technologies. A great challenge and fantastic opportunity to join a blue chip organisation, short listing now - send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
E-Mails to - firstname.lastname@example.org
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.