SQL Server Developer-SQL Server Programmer- SQL Server 2014 X2
£53,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
SQL Server Developer/SQL Server Programmer- SQL Server 2014 X2
SQL Server Developer/SQL Server programmer X2 with excellent SQL Server development skills (SQL Server 2014) and ideally knowledge of SSIS and SSRS and some understanding of object orientated programming languages is required to work for a world leading research Centre to support the maintenance and development of their notable child and birth life study database.
The SQL Server Developer/SQL Server Programmer will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the databases to support the centers research activity.
Having upgraded to MS SQL Server 2014 they are now embarking on a major improvement to processing procedures and your role will play a key part in the design and implementation of this improvement plan.
SQL Server Developer/SQL Server Programmer- SQL Server 2014 X2- Essential Experience
* Excellent SQL Server development and administration skills ideally up to version 2014 with skills in SSRS and SSIS.
* Technical expertise and ideally certification in SQL Server (2014) Database Management, SQL Server Data Tools, T-SQL and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Experience of SQL Server including Structured Query, Language, preferably T-SQL, including stored procedures, views, constraints, indexes, functions, triggers, DDL and DML.
* Experience of Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
* Experience of working with databases in a production environment and data cleaning.
* Expert abilities in data harvesting, cleaning, managing and manipulating data in a variety of formats.
* Experience of translating specifications from non-technical stakeholders into technical specifications.
* Experience of database design and data migration.
* Experience of promoting objects from development to production environments and carrying out the necessary level of testing to ensure minimal risk to the production environment.
* Experience of writing IT documentation to professional standards.
* Development or programming background with experience of Visual Basics or equivalent programming languages (C# and ASP.net or MVC or Java or Python or other).
* Experience of programming in a variety of environments e.g. VBA/ Excel/Access and/or another programming language.
SQL Server Developer/SQL Server Programmer- SQL Server 2014 X2- Desirable Experience
* Experience of using SPSS or similar products.
* Experience of tracking or contact databases, app development or understanding of related research/ patient/research studies data.
* Experience of performing a SQL Server development role within a University and or Research environment.
The role comes with excellent benefits including 27 days leave plus 6 closure days alongside a great pension scheme with 16% employer contributions. The client offers flexible working with the expectation of being on site for 2 days per week.
The role is fixed term if 18 months with scope to go fully permanent.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.