Competitive | Birmingham | Permanent
Posted 14 days ago
Reporting into a Senior role, this role is a developmental role with the view to progressing through the business area. Main focus will be working on customer projects under the supervision of a Senior and developing technical skills via Learning and Development.
The consultant role is key to the future success and growth of the business unit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES.
* Delivers well-defined tasks / smaller complete projects.
* Owns their workload of BAU specialist tasks and/or small- and medium-scale projects within their area.
* Delegated low-impact problems to solve.
* Works autonomously but asks for guidance when they need to.
* Adheres to the solution design whilst proposing possible enhancements
* Identifies new technologies suitable for current and future projects
* Has enough knowledge to make informed decisions
* Applies and follows governance principles as they apply to role
* Communicates and escalates risks related to own projects and business area
* Ensures colleagues actively analyse and address risks in their area
* Ensure the business achieves the targets as set in the budget for the current financial year
* Maintaining personal billable utilisation
* Delivering tasks within timescale
* Ensure existing customers repeat business
* Ensure skills and certifications are aligned to strategic direction of business
* Doesn't necessarily know what they don't know
* Ensuring project deliverables meets the customers objectives
* Ensuring deliverables are supportable by other members of the team
* Learning just as often as delivering value
* Regular switching between client projects and large range of technologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERINCE
* Data Modelling (Star Schema / Kimball)
* SQL Server
* Microsoft Azure
Deep Experience within one or more of the following:
* Microsoft SQL Server BI Stack (SSIS / SSAS / SSRS)
* Data Storage (Blob / Data Lake / Cosmos DB)
* Data Factory / Azure Automation / PowerShell
* Databricks / Machine Learning / Python
* Power BI / DAX / Excel / MDX
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.