Solution Architect (Remote Working)
£75,000 | Leeds | Permanent
Posted 5 days ago
Our client is a market leader and is investing heavily in innovation - its aim being to build a centre of excellence where output is crafted using industry leading best practice frameworks and methodologies to produce world class applications and services. We are urgently looking for a Solutions Architect.
The UK IT Architecture team is growing rapidly and looking for talented colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to their leading reputation. You will work across key programmes in project teams with the client's partners and Suppliers to design and deliver technology solutions to the consumer business unit with a clear view on both strategic and tactical technology transformation
The main responsibility of the Solutions Architect is to architect, define and design Solutions across functions and projects. The Solutions Architect will work with the Enterprise Architecture team to translate business requirements/drivers into application and database designs. The Solutions Architect will support the development and implementation process, providing the standards and governance to which all solutions should adhere.
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, the Solutions Architect will help develop the Enterprise Architecture strategy to support core applications and Cloud platforms, whilst aligning with overall IT and global IT strategies.
You'll be someone who loves to make things happen, who can communicate complex technical issues in a clear manner, who can work at the detailed level but also see the bigger picture, and be someone passionate about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems.
These include but are not limited to:
* Create High Level Designs for new enterprise software services
* Support the Development team to develop, test and operate new enterprise software services
* Ownership of the technical architecture and architecture governance, design documentation and roadmap for those services, in conjunction with the Chief IT Architect
* Selection of technology frameworks needed to deliver those services, in conjunction with the Chief IT Architect
* Day to day technical management of key vendor relationships
* Continual optimisation of software services, and elimination of technical debt
* Proposals for introduction of new services, or transformation of existing ones, to meet the strategic objectives
* Acting as thought leader and technical domain expert
Qualifications, experience and competencies :
* Demonstrable experience in hands-on software development and technical roles, both as an engineer, and in the management of technical teams in a cutting-edge technology environment
* Experienced in working with recognised software/enterprise architectural frameworks, eg TOGAF or similar
* Experienced contributing to IT architectural policies, including software, infrastructure, integration, vendor and especially Information Security
* Experienced in building strong stakeholder relationships - both technical and business
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Q ualifications, experience, and competencies :
* TOGAF certification
* AWS or Azure certified architect
* Experience in Cloud
The team you're joining is a stable, well established one that really get on well so 'fit' is essential as well. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's best employers, in a key high profile team.
Fantastic role, client & long projects, remote working, great bonus scheme and benefits, send CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.