Competitive | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 16 days ago
Software Engineer (level 1 to 3)
Reports to (Job Title)
Software Engineering Lead or Manager
Job Overview - Describe the purpose of this job
The Software Engineer is a hands-on engineering role as a member of an agile development team producing high quality, test driven software quickly and iteratively.
Involving collaboration with team members to ensure the correct product is built at the correct time using the most appropriate agile software engineering techniques.
Key roles and responsibilities
* Work within an agile development team to write high quality, test driven software
* Take responsibility for code changes from creation to deployment to the production environment
* Attend and contribute to team ceremonies
* Monitor and analyse production environment
* Out of Hours Support - provide out-of-hours production support as required
* Coming up with innovative and appropriate solutions to problems
* Communicating effectively with stakeholders, business analysts, users, testers and platform engineers to agree solutions
* Sharing best practices and interesting content with other members of the wider team e.g via regular show & tell sessions
* Code reviews for all members of the team
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.