Site Reliability Engineer
£62,000 | Leeds | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 18 days ago
Site Reliability Engineers work with development teams to run operations and help improve development pipelines and infrastructure. The SRE has a highly skilled combination of engineering and operations skills and is focused on automating and improving operations. Their job is to guarantee system reliability, performance, and supportability with a strong engineering emphasis on building autonomous solutions that deliver value to end-users early, often, & fast. They are central to the reputation and trustworthiness of the product and act as an advocate for engineering best practices. Key Responsibilities:
· Fluency in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS), CI/CD pipelines solutions (e.g. GitLab CI), deployment automation solution (e.g., Terraform) and containers (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
· Strong experience with DevOps practices and toolsets, such as Terraform, Lambda,, GitLab, Kubernetes, CI/CD delivery model(s) and infrastructure-as-code
· Strong experience with containerization (Docker, Helm) and orchestration (Kubernetes, Istio)
· Strong experience with monitoring and logging stacks/tools e.g. NewRelic, Splunk, etc.
· Fluency in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java) and ability to debug code locally and remotely with strong understanding of all levels of a distributed system
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.