Site Reliability Engineer
£70,000 | Dorking | Permanent
Posted 23 days ago
SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER - SURREY
A fantastic opportunity for an experience Site Reliability Engineer to join one of the leading names in UK financial services, who are on a journey to become a best-in-class digital business.
As part of the SRE team, the Site Reliability Engineer will be supporting a variety of applications covering front-end, client-facing websites and business-facing applications.
They will be responsible for identifying and resolving incidents and problems with a view to fix and improve through automation. They will also share skills with the Cloud Services team and should be an evangelist for SRE techniques and goals to the broader IT community.
The environment is dynamic, with a very high demand on resources for both run support and change delivery work. This requires candidates with the ability to recognise issues and risks and to contribute to the development and delivery of technical solutions, as well as ensuring live services are protected.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Experience supporting complex cloud and datacentre applications
* Proven experience and knowledge of Unix systems
* A deep understanding of monitoring, and experience defining performance indicators and service level objectives
* Knowledge of scripting or coding in bash and python
* Determination to drive changes in support of our goals to improve quality and speed of delivery in a DevOps environment
* Great communication skills
* Essential technical experience:
* AWS (particularly CloudWatch and Lambda)
* Docker and Kubernetes
* Jira and Confluence
* Monitoring / alerting tools and solutions
* Puppet (or similar) and Terraform
* Scripting or coding with bash, Python and / or Java
The successful candidate will receive a salary of between £60,000 and £70,000 plus several generous benefits.
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.