Competitive | Leeds | Permanent
Posted 24 days ago
Our client, a global leader in their industry is looking to expand due to a huge increase in demand.
We are looking for a SIEM Administrator to join our client's existing Information Security function.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the security team to develop and deliver solutions to gain visibility of security events within the specified environment.
* Manage, maintain, optimise and tune the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM solution, ensuring all key systems send activity information to the SIEM solution and that the solution recognises and differentiates between both normal and abnormal system activity
* Investigate unusual behaviour highlighted by SIEM, reporting potential threats or malicious activity and support security incident response efforts as required
* Develop and enhance security policies, processes, procedures and technical controls to strengthen security capabilities and resilience to cyber threats
* Participate in the design and implementation of systems and applications to ensure that proposed solutions comply with the company's IT Security policies
* Assist with security incident management and response activities
Technical Requirements and knowledge required:
* Experience and good understanding of Microsoft technologies including: Azure Active Directory, Windows Server, and M365
* An in depth knowledge of the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM solution and configuration best practice and use
* Basic understanding of firewall and intrusion detection system administration
* Basic understanding of TCP/IP
* Use of advanced security assessment tools
* Knowledge of SIEM administration, log investigation, analysis and reporting
* Common exploitation tools, tactics and procedures
* Persistent attacks, detection methods and how malicious software persists on compromised systems
* Security incident response procedures and best practices
To succeed in this role, you must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as be well organised, with good verbal and written communications skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong understanding of security engineering with experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
Shortlisting now, apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.