Service Transition Manager
Competitive | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 25 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the technology sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Service Transition Manager to join their thriving team in Central London (there will be remote working during the pandemic). The role will pay a highly competitive salary (available on request) and bonus.
The Service Transition Manager will be expected to plan, direct, and improve the take-on and transfer into our clients managed service operations of services previously delivered by incumbent service providers. This responsibility will involve leading and directing the due diligence of the services implemented by incumbent providers, assessment of skills and training gaps, knowledge transfer, parallel run and ultimately takeover of service accountability.
This role will require in-depth knowledge of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and ITIL 4, customer and supplier relationship management, organizational change management and a high competency in project planning and management.
What is expected of the Service Transition Manager?
The Service Transition Manager is responsible for applying the following independently, in complex situations, and lead teams to apply the competence collectively and collaboratively:
* Promoting the public wider good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally, and socially appropriate manner in dealings with stakeholders and members of portfolio teams and organisation.
* Act as a Service Transition subject matter expert (SME) and be able to provide specialist knowledge to other project teams. Standardising and developing materials and processes in line with ITIL to encourage and implement Service Management best practices including client facing documentation.
* In the context of bid support / programme planning and based on specific customer requirements: develop and support the understanding of a high-level Service Onboarding / Transition / Transformation approach.
* Resolve complexity through project architecture / effective work breakdown structure, in particular: creating, advocating, and communicating logically structured and sequential schedules that minimise the risk of rework, maximise the opportunity for efficient scaling, and avoid needless service interruption.
* Direct, manage and participate in team-based delivery of project objectives, developing and contributing positively to the team culture and empowering colleagues to deliver successful projects, whilst demonstrating project / service leadership skills by example and application.
* Within the area of Service Onboarding / Transition / Transformation, developing "template standard" project initiation documentation and implementation schedules based on prior experience, best practice and assigned customer projects. Such plans need to incorporate a robust Quality Plan based on incremental delivery of benefits and stage-gate review / approval.
* Recommend, negotiate, agree, and document formal Acceptance Criteria for future project stages before commencing work on that stage and securing formal acceptance at key milestones to ensure painless invoicing of Professional Services effort.
* Ensure alignment and availability of resources and drive timely and successful knowledge transfer activities between incumbent providers and the service organisation
* Facilitate war-gaming / parallel run and review to ensure seamless transfer of service responsibility.
* Proactively manage organisational change and drive outcome optimisation through innovation in planning. Reporting status, progress, risks / issues across all "owned" projects and work packages and accounting for change throughout the lifespan of the engagement.
* Identify and call out scope creep
* Identifying, addressing, and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
* Responsible for end of service take-on CSAT and understanding results / capturing lessons learned
What we look for in a Service Transition Manager;
* Extensive IT Managed Service Provider Outsource knowledge operating within the ITIL frameworks and ISO/IEC standards
* Proven ability to direct, lead and improve managed service operations
* Leadership and planning experience of relevant service onboarding / transition / transformation activities, including organisational change management and transfer of staff.
* Strong experience of transitioning services in an outsourcing environment within ITIL frameworks
* Min 2 year in a Programme / Project / Service Transition leadership role, particularly in the context of recovery and return to health
* Min 5 years in Managed Services consultancy role
* Min 10 years involvement in the provision of office and workplace managed services
* Commercial change management experience mandatory, esp. offer creation & bid / tender support experience.
* Demonstrable commitment to reusable content / templates and learned lessons.
* Demonstrable commitment to schedule-led engagements, in particular evidence of self-created and ongoing use of a MS Project as a planning and control instrument for day to day work/task management
* Bachelor-level qualification (either by work-experience or by having a bachelor certificate)
* ITIL: ITIL 3 Expert + ITIL 4 Foundation + ITIL 4 Direct, Plan & Improve: In-depth working knowledge
* Programme / Project Management: PRINCE2 Practitioner / PRINCE2 Agile or PMI equivalency
* MS 365 Ecosystem: Proficiency in MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Visio & critically: MS Project
What the Service Transition Manager will receive?
- Highly competitive basic salary (available on request)
- Bonus and industry leading benefits
- Luxury offices close to major train stations in central London
- A global leading brand
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.