Service Transition Manager
£500 per day | London | Contract
Posted 19 days ago
Service Transition Manager (Contract)
London / Midlands
£450.00 - £500.00 Per day
The Service Transition Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful transition of new or changed services from sale, through the project phase and into normal service support, ensuring the relevant support teams are fully equipped to deliver services according to SLA. You will also own the comprehensive end to end Service Transition Process as well as ensuring there is continuous review and improvement to the process.
You will define and drive to completion all aspects of a service solution related to the transition of that Service, liaising with all required Internal Teams, Suppliers and being a key member of the customer facing team through the post sales process and into business as usual support.
You will work closely, and build key relationships within, Project Management, Business Development, Account Management, Service Delivery Management, DevOps, Business Analysis, Managed Services and Support Service teams. As well as Suppliers and Customer contacts to ensure that all Service Transition elements of a service solution are documented, approved, tested and delivered.
Background & experience required
This role requires a strong background in Service Transition, ideally in a Managed Services environment and a technical understanding, with the ability to interact with customers at all levels of seniority in order to understand and deliver against their expectations.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
* Demonstrable Service Transition experience across a number of IT projects, ideally in a Managed Services or Vendor environment
* Excellent understanding and experience of Service Operations and Project Management principles
* Experience in developing, improving and implementing ITIL aligned Process and Procedures (specifically Service Design and Transition)
* Experience of fast paced delivery environments with competing priorities
* Vendor Management experience, ideally with experience in transitioning services from incumbent suppliers to a new service provider
* Previous supplier/vendor side or managed services experience
* Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle would be an advantage
* Project Management certification an advantage
* Minimum ITIL practitioner/intermediate certification
* Experience of operating at a senior level with Stakeholders at Director and CxO level.
* Excellent verbal and written communication
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.