Service Desk Manager
£55,000 | Brighton | Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Service Desk Manager to join our thriving financial services organisation based in Brighton. The client is offering varied and challenging environment with the opportunity to add and grow their UK operations. To manage the End User support team for all sites and be responsible for the day to day and on-going support for all their end user services.
* Ensure that the End User Computing team delivers services to the agreed service level targets. Responding to and resolving incidents and requests in a timely manner according to business priority and against agreed targets.
* Ensure that appropriate action is taken to investigate and manage incidents and problems in end user systems and services. This includes responding to and managing alerts as appropriate
* Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues with a focus on prevention rather than fix
* Use reporting to drive ongoing review and improvement within the team's performance and across services.
* Supporting root cause investigations, identification of recurring incidents and implementation of recommended actions to prevent further such incidents
* Actively manage risks & issues effectively. Work to define and implement appropriate mitigation activities, or generate project proposals.
* Provide continuous improvement and cost reduction, and embed this in the team's ethos & practices.
* Embed the principles of "shift-left" strategy within the team to ensure repeatable & controlled workload is moved to the lowest cost point. Ensure the team work to move activities, tasks and knowledge to the service desk or self-service where appropriate to drive efficiency & customer satisfaction.
* Ensure that the team delivers to committed tasks by working closely with Project Managers and developing plans for the team.
* Undertake effective resource management across the teams, continually reviewing the team composition in light of the forecast work requirements and making changes as appropriate to maximise the teams' performance, motivation and effectiveness. Work closely with relevant stakeholders on resource planning to ensure service delivered remains to agreed targets.
* Building upon and embedding service management principles into the team's working practices to drive efficiencies, increase quality of service and add value.
* Work particularly closely with other technology support teams to ensure cross training of staff to develop the teams skill set and knowledge base
* Perform staff performance reviews and create & maintain personal development & training plans for direct reports
* Perform regular 1 to 1's with direct reports & chair regular team meetings
* Deliver consistency in approach, delivery and operational activity that encourages and harvests the ability for all engineers to support all sites.
End User Computing Responsibilities:
* Managerial experience in leading a team.
* Proven ability in End-User computing in a complex multi-system environment.
* Demonstrated experience and understanding in computer hardware, operating systems functions and components.
* Must be familiar with multiple makes/models of desktops and laptops and be able to troubleshoot hardware. - Demonstrated experience of managing and maintaining a VDI environment.
* Working Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, Security Groups, LANDesk, VPN technologies.
* Detailed Microsoft desktop and applications experience.
* ITIL certified and experienced.
* Ideally Microsoft Certified.
* Ability to produce MI against logged calls to ensure effective problem management and resolution.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership and an ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical customers.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business whilst meeting deadlines.
* Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and customers.
* Experience of large, complex organisations' with enterprise wide use of IT.
* Experience of implementing new initiatives or driving through process change and new ways of working.
* The ability to evaluate options in the short, medium and long term and balance short terms pressures against longer-term strategic requirements.
* Conversant in IT architecture frameworks, processes, procedures and roles.
* Conversant in IT security frameworks, policies, standards and roles including ISO 2700x. - Conversant in IT governance policies, processes, and procedures.
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to succeed. The role is a brand new role and will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. Candidates must be able to build and maintain good relationships with those around them - at all levels of the business. The client is offering fantastic opportunity for career progression.
A pre-requisite is the ability to communicate & present effectively to stakeholders up to Director Level (written & aural). You'll have demonstrable experience of ITIL, (preferably foundation or practitioner certified) & of negotiating, agreeing & implementing SLA's. We also need some to have experience setting up an End User Support environment.
Fantastic opportunity to join a great client in a high profile role; interviews scheduled for next week, send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment. Please note this role will involve travel too.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.