Server Specialist - Azure-Windows Server
£55,000 | Southampton | Permanent
Posted 17 days ago
£50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Southampton - Hybrid working (one day a week/fortnight)
We are currently recruiting for a Server Specialist on behalf of a global leading fintech business who have over 1200 clients globally and 2,500 employees across 10 countries. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the latest Microsoft Azure\M365 cloud technologies and work alongside some seasoned professional engineers and architects.
* Provide BAU support for the organisation as part of the Platforms Server Team
* Provide a point of escalation for faults logged via the Global Service Desk in an ITIL environment
* Participate in major incident resolution and problem management
* Act as an SME engineer on varying business and infrastructure projects, designing solutions and implementing them
* Monitor capacity and performance of all services to maintain availability
* Ensure all services meet security standards, remediating where required without interruption to business
* Assist with scheduled maintenance such as patching\upgrades etc.
* Microsoft Windows Server 2012+ - Active Directory\DNS\DHCP\Group Policy\file and print
* Microsoft Azure Cloud - IaaS\Azure AD\Conditional Access\MFA\Storage Accounts\RSV\ASR\ARM
* Workload migrations from on-prem to cloud
* Microsoft M365 - Exchange online\SharePoint Online\Teams\OneDrive etc.
* Strong PowerShell\scripting
* Strong networking fundamental skills - TCP/IP\routing\firewall\load balancing\SSL
* VMware vSphere virtualization
* Knowledge of Dell\HP server administration including hyperconverged
* Experience managing security toolsets - anti-virus\IPS\vulnerability scanning
Knowledge & Experience Required
* Solid experience in Information Technology as an infrastructure engineer\analyst role with experience of supporting Azure and on-prem
* Must be a motivated and driven individual capable of managing their workload effectively whilst working from home
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Capable of working in an ITIL controlled environment
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with business stakeholders
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.