Senior Systems Engineer (Urgent)
£45,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 7 days ago
Our client is a well-established award winning organisation and is a market leader in their sector. The client is now looking for a passionate IT professional to join their team to provide technical IT support to their business based in near St Pancras Station.
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive individual with excellent time management skills. You will work both autonomously and with the team to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You will be able to self-manage and prioritise your workload. You will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to improve the IT offering. You will communicate system changes and maintenance outages to your team and all levels of the user community.
The ideal candidate will have experience in directly managing and being responsible for the upkeep of critical IT systems. Experience in the following areas are essential:
The Core Systems Team are responsible for a range of IT infrastructure service areas, some examples of which are:
- Cloud Platform Services
- Identity Management and Authentication Services
- Virtualisation and Server Platform Services
- Collaboration and Enterprise Application Services
- Storage, Backup and Archiving Services
- Operational experience including multi-platform MS Windows server administration and network/web/database expertise.
- Systems administration experience of enterprise server environments based on VMware including set up of servers and storage (e.g. Cisco UCS and EMC VNX), configuration of Windows server OS and management of backups.
- Knowledge of creating, maintaining and troubleshooting rapid development of custom scripts in languages
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to succeed. The role is a brand new role and will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. Candidates must be able to build and maintain good relationships with those around them - at all levels of the business. The client is offering fantastic opportunity for career progression. Client is looking to grow the infrastructure team in the next 6-12 months.
This will be a very varied role that will appeal to somebody who enjoys juggling a number of different projects and who doesn't mind being interrupted to resolve an IT crisis. You need to enjoy being part of the team and a problem solver to get the most out of this role.
Fantastic opportunity to join a great client in a high profile role; interviews scheduled for the end of this week, send CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.