Senior Storage Infrastructure Engineer
£400 per day | Bradford | Contract
Posted 27 days ago
InterQuest Group are hiring for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Storage and Backup to join our well-known client in West Yorkshire.
This is initially a 3 month contract to start ASAP.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The purpose of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Storage) is to develop and maintain effective & efficient infrastructure services used for the delivery of IT storage solutions across all areas. Defining best practice use of the infrastructure services, managing detailed infrastructure risks and implementing associated mitigating controls, identifying opportunities to innovate through the existing infrastructure, and contributing to the overall infrastructure strategy enhancing or protecting value and meeting Regulatory and operational requirements.
They will provide 24/7 cover as part of a standby rota
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience of build, delivery and administration of robust and reliable infrastructure services within a complex and varied environment, with a proven track record of driving sustainable performance against challenging business targets, in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
? Storage Technologies Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Networks SAN attached, Fibre Channel Networks, Block Storage, File Storage, Object Storage, Snapshot Technologies.
? Backup Technologies (client and server architectures and solutions, Virtual Tape Libraries) Knowledge of Storage Technology Tooling including IBM Spectrum Protect, Spectrum Protect Plus, Tivoli storage manager, Backup growth requirements in line with operational need)
- Support the identification of Technology Partners within their technology space / discipline.
- Ensure the use of Technology Partners within their technology space / discipline provides value for money.
- Work with Technology Partners to enhance the services provided, reduce costs, manage risk and build resilience.
- Design, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting of client builds (preferably following both manual and automated processes) from bare metal to end solution.
- Requirement to comply with Health and Safety at Work act and all relevant legislation
- Ability to configure and operate within a virtualised environment.
- Ability to configure and operate a range of client security solutions.
- Positive experience of developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships within one or more technology disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate relentless drive, energy and determination to deliver sustainable outperformance that rigorously achieves against demanding competitive industry benchmarks and metrics from other organisations.
- Commercial awareness to support the technical preparation of RFPs (Request for Proposals), bid proposals and contracts for infrastructure projects and large scale or mission critical projects
- Excellent knowledge of integration with various infrastructures within an enterprise organisation.
- Knowledge and capability of delivering documentation, testing and release management principles.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of service continuity planning and IT security.
- Knowledge/Experience of VMWARE Product Suite
- Knowledge / Experience of Microsoft Active Directory (Multi Tier Domain)
- Knowledge/Experience of Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, SCCM
- Scripting Technologies
- Understanding of a wide range of storage technologies
- Managing Certificates Internal / External
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - 2016
- Knowledge Enterprise Networks and TCPIP
- O365 Active Directory Integration
- SFTP Technologies
- MFA Technologies
- Managing HP ProLiant Servers
- Managing DMZ Environments
- Planning & Building redundant IT solutions
- Troubleshooting complex IT Issues
- Experience Hardening Servers
Please apply now for immediate consideration to Georgina at InterQuest
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.