Senior Solution Architect
Competitive | Crawley | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
One of the biggest not-for-profit organisations with a rich heritage that provides insurance-based products to people working in the UK, they have become the experts in providing good value products that working people need providing financial services for over 75 years and they are currently on the hunt for a Senior Solution Architect.
They are looking for someone who can contribute to the performance of an effective and efficient IT function that supports their software needs and linked 3rd party organisations. Provide strategic focused IT direction, guidance, and design principles that ensure close alignment between business and technology objectives. Operate within the function's processes and standard operating procedures and actively, contribute to the achievement of the IT department's overall objectives.
The role will:
* Develop technical solutions architectures and optimize chosen solutions to meet the needs of the organization, proposing end-to-end solutions and highlighting any trade-offs.
* Actively contribute to the Technical Design Authority by reviewing ongoing designs of change projects/programs to identify strategic opportunities and resolve design issues during delivery.
* Bring outside thinking into the department to ensure currency and best practice adoption.
* Shape the design\architecture of the organization, based on strategic business and technology operating models.
* Develop principles, strategies, and frameworks
* Develop and maintain strategic technology roadmaps covering the relevant breadth of the role (e.g. applications, data, or infrastructure)
* Develop and maintain a strategic vision for the delivery of IT-based business drivers
* Provide advice and consultancy on technology strategy to the IT Directorate
* Liaise with business architects and analysts to develop agreed design standards
* Produce models to describe the artifacts, principles, frameworks, and IT strategy
* Lead the development of capabilities in all facets of strategic and tactical implementation from conception to post-deployment
* Provide cross-project architectural governance that includes identifying relevant strategy, policy, and roadmaps
* Monitor and report on project compliance and alignment to IT strategy
* Provide expert consultancy in the development of programs of work and capital budget allocation
* Liaise with engineers and technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints, and support lifecycles Model and assess the organizations' baseline architecture
* Use initiative to plan and organise own work schedules to satisfy deadlines, workflow and output requirements
* Through a mentoring process, provide technical guidance and support to less experienced members of IT as appropriate and when required
Skill / Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Lead Developer, Network Infrastructure Manager, or Business Intelligence SME.
- Detailed knowledge, understanding, and application of relevant IT tools primarily based on the Microsoft platform
- Demonstrable knowledge of Service and EA frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman or ITIL
- Experience gained in a financial services environment
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Simplify the complex to non-technical users
- Intelligent, articulate and persuasive, and able to present plans logically
- Good ability to represent the organization externally
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Strategic insight
- Methodical and problem solver
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Work in a Team environment
- Collegiate and co-operative
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.