Senior Software Engineering Manager
£130,000 | Greater London | Permanent
Posted 25 days ago
Our client is a market organisation, with a gigantic UK/ Global presence. The role is within a truly forward-thinking organisation and is a well-established in their market space.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our client's rapidly growing new London office. You will be part of or leading driving force in the technical direction of the organisation global programme. You will helping in leading and or grow the technical development function on this new programme. They are looking for talented and imaginative engineers to join them in pushing their boundaries for exciting new software development innovation.
* You are experienced and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other Engineers. You make good decisions and exercise accurate judgement when choosing to build new vs extending existing ones
* You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on
* You propose and proactively seek to establish best practices where none exist
* You make high impact decisions driving, what and how software is built
* Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team
* You mentor junior Engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on Engineers around you
* Proficient in Java 8
* Experience with one or more of: PostgreSQL and MySQL, Caching solutions, search engine technology
* Knowledge of, and professional experience with most AWS services
* Asynchronous, non-blocking, functional style of programming and experience implementing with frameworks
* Ideally experience and understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
Working within a Scrum squad, you'll refine, plan and implement user stories ensuring the quality and integrity of the platform through appropriate technology, standards and best practice.
We understand that development is important to you, this is why we will help you strive to continuously learn, develop and improve the services and your own skills.
You and your squad should relentlessly strive to simplify their services and solutions, get excited about new ideas and bring them to life and lead initiatives that drive constant improvement across our whole team.
It's not just you: Their Digital platforms and they are GROWING, with a plan to grow by double within the next 8-12 months. We are talking about being a part of a team that would grow to over 100+ software development engineers at all levels.
What are you waiting for? Client offers a fantastic benefits package including a generous 20% bonus that is paid every year. Apply now to get more information!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.