Senior Software Engineer - .NET
Competitive | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 8 days ago
Do you have experience designing and implementing new features/platforms ?... Th en this role is ideal for you.
My client has recently begun a digital transformation journey and operates as a tech start-up experimenting and rapidly delivering new digital experiences to create the ultimate travel experience. My client is a going through a business driven multi-platform digital transformation by developing new omni-channel.
The Senior Engineers in the team are responsible for designing and implementing solutions within the product teams. From brochureware sites to full scale transactional systems with event driven architectures, there is a bit of everything for people to get their teeth into. You'll be advocating for clean code, Continuous Deployment, and rapid value delivery on a daily basis, along with ensuring that the core principals of the team are adhered to.
My clients team take DevOps seriously, meaning that you'll be involved in all parts of the lifecycle. You will work with the infrastructure specialists to create AWS environments to spike, test and deploy the team's code, and the QA specialists to ensure that the nasty "it only breaks on a Tuesday if I'm eating a sandwich" bugs are caught and fixed before the customers see them.
The core tech stack they use is .NET, with C# as the language and a current focus on dotnet core. However, they do have pockets of specialist code for specific purposes like Node for AWS Lambda, and powershell for automation, etc. And finally, their hosting is done through AWS, where they use Native services wherever possible.
* Strong C#/.NET experience
* Good knowledge of ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI
* Knowledge and experience of working with an ORM (e.g. NPoco, Entity Framework)
* Good understanding of OOP, clean coding practices, SOLID principles
* Great communication and interpersonal skills
* Keen appetite for self-development and continuous improvement
* Working in a continuous integration/deployment pipelines
* Working with TDD/BDD patterns
* Developing automated UI tests (Selenium, Appium, calabash etc.)
* Web Performance testing/optimisation
* Dotnet core (2.x)
At least one of the following is also essential.
* Content Management system development (Umbraco, Sitecore, Tridion, etc.)
* Managing/designing cloud hosted infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP), including setup, monitoring, solution design (i.e. Cloud Native), and security
* Frontend Frameworks such as Vue, Knockout etc.
* Containers, design/orchestration/management (Kubernetes, ECS, DockerSwarm, consul, etc.)
* Serverless design/development
What You Need to Do Now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Competitive and dependent of experience
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.