Senior Software Engineer (Java)
£90,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 27 days ago
Our client is fast becoming a leader in Cleantech. Due to phenomenal growth, they are now looking to recruit a leader who has experience working in a fast pace, high availability environment. The ideal candidate would be an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is looking to progress their career in an extensively expanding organisation. The team you will join would be expected a growth of 50 heads by the end of this year so you will have a lot of opportunity to progress/ fast track your career within this organisation. The client has a well-established leadership team that have worked for some of the most successful technology organisations in the London market, so you will have excellent support to develop your existing and new skillset.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about all thing's technology, with a keen, broader interest in design, development, usability, and technology. We are looking to recruit a Software / Back-End Developer to work with the current technical team to continue innovating our existing IoT platform. This is a great opportunity for a developer who is passionate about renewables, doing good and making a difference in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
* Ensure technical integrity, stability and quality of the back-end system
* Flexibility to work with the latest technologies on the market
* Forward thinking individual who is looking to add value/ ideas to the organisation's short to long term plans
* Set up and perform data quality tests to ensure data accuracy
* Understand the various APIs in the ecosystem and the impact of any changes to our platform
* Collaborate with the team to define, design and ship new features
* Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
* Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
* Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between projects
Skills / Experience:
* Agile development discipline : Familiar with agile development methodologies. Experience using JIRA preferred.
* Architecture knowledge : Technical architecture of scalable systems and APIs strongly preferred
* Strong technical skills : 4+ years of relevant industry experience and 4+ years of Java experience in back-end systems. Experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) and NoSQL databases and distributed systems, and programming in Kotlin would give you a distinct advantage but is not essential
* Flexibility and adaptability : Demonstrate an ability to be flexible
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to succeed. The role is a brand-new role and will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. Candidates must be able to build and maintain good relationships with those around them - at all levels of the business. The client is offering a fantastic opportunity for career development progression.
The salary package is market leading. In terms of package, you will be offered a competitive bonus structure, share options, pension, and other exceptional benefits. Fantastic opportunity to join a great client in a high-profile role, interviews scheduled, send CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.