Senior Ruby Developer Contractor (Urgent)
£500 per day | London | Contract
Posted 19 days ago
It's an exciting time to join our client's growing team. They're scaling up our technology teams, and looking for experienced Senior Ruby Developer Contractors to join their in-house development teams to help deploy one of the client's exciting new Enterprise contracts. They have a ruby on rails backend which is hosted on AWS, a number of JS SPAs (react, vue and angular) and they leverage AWS Lambda for an extensibility platform as well.
As a Developer, your main responsibility will be working with our dev teams to design, develop, implement and test new features to improve the scalability and feature set of our platform, as well as the development, modification and maintenance of our core web application. There's loads to get stuck into in this role - at the moment the team are involved in:
* Building on and maintaining our scalable, versioned, Restful API.
* Building a portal that allows external parties to build on top of our technology and monitor the health of any integrations from their suite of integration.
* Using different databases for solving different problems: Mysql, Dynamo, Redis.
* Building an event-driven webhook API for notifications to external systems.
* Building the foundation of a class leading enterprise analytics architecture.
You're confident finding solutions to novel problems, a team player and can adapt and settle in well in a new, fast paced environment.
You're excited by pairing and working with tech and non-tech teams, and you are comfortable working within a collaborative agile team.
* 4 + years of commercial Ruby on Rails development experience and a genuine interest in web development
* Experience working with colleagues from multiple departments including non-technical teams
* Ideally commercial experience using some of the following: MySQL, REST APIs, TDD (Rspec), Elasticsearch, (EC2, S3, Lambda), Snowflake
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart & soul of a start-up. You'll be working on truly interesting challenges - engineering issues, scalability, latency, distributed systems... so they need someone who is motivated by problem-solving & seeing the wider impacts of their work.
If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you! Their team is very diverse, with backgrounds spanning from astrophysics to criminology to music management, and they pride themselves on their great working culture, with great Company perks!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.