Senior Platform Engineer
£60,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 30 days ago
Senior Platform engineer
Are you looking for something fresh?
In this role, you will be working closely with developers, QAs, and the clients' internal clients to build solutions to business problems. As a senior platform engineer, you will be expected to mentor colleagues at all levels within the team (platform and non-platform), work with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the problems they face, and challenge existing ideas/approaches.
The clients' vision is for teams to build simple platforms that provide resilience, security, and performance. Complicated is easy to build and difficult to support. Simple can require more thought but is a worthwhile aim.
What you'll do:
- Work within product centric teams to effectively deliver infrastructure and support for our websites and APIs.
- Transform technical requirements into an effective toolchain enabling iterative product delivery.
- Optimise deployment strategies for products, making sure they are repeatable, scalable, and highly available.
- Have deep involvement in overall solution design, not simply in the deployment of developer's code.
- Participate in 24/7 technical support, as part of a sensible rota (paid overtime).
- Provide continuous coaching and mentoring within your team.
This role would suit people who have:
- Great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Significant experience in a hands-on platform engineering role.
- Proven experience working in an Agile / DevOps e