SENIOR NETWORK SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
£70,000 | England | Permanent
Posted 23 days ago
SENIOR NETWORK SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT | Salary up to £70k PA + benefits | Home based
IQ Tech are currently hiring for Senior Network Architect:
Please apply if you have 5 years+ experience within the managed service provider market, either in a pre-sales or solutions architect role. He/she should be familiar with the current UK Network & Security services market place and current technologies.
* You will work with the sales & solutions team to accomplish growth for the business by providing responsive and precise pre-sales technical resource to understand customer requirements and design solutions to enable the outcomes sought by the customer in addition to managing appropriate vendor relationships to attain the most sustainable outcomes.
* The role will involve supporting the sales team in customer meetings for new opportunities with full responsibility for technical design and detailed scope of works documentation.
* The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience providing consultancy services, pre-sales of on-premise and data-centre based network & security solutions, own aspects of the project cycle from initial engagement with sales in a pre-sales capacity to design, pricing and hand-over into delivery.
* You will need to work closely with customers to ensure the design and associated commercial model is as accurate and suitable for the customer ensuring a coherent and consistent technical strategy is applied, providing technical leadership and architectural governance on all solutions.
* Ensure appropriate design documentation is produced as a recognised set of deliverables that are consistent to the solution
* Have in-depth technical knowledge in a specialist field with a broad understanding of all infrastructure technologies both at a pre-sales and delivery level.
* To produce solution proposal standardised documentation for sales incorporating all specialist areas as appropriate i.e. Server, Storage, Software, Networking, Services, etc. either directly or via the tender team.
* Act as the technical authority, overseeing infrastructure transformation programmes and projects or submitting internal design documentation for managed services
As a minimum, he/she must have experience working with some/all of the following vendor propositions:
- 8+ years working knowledge in security solutions
- Demonstrable & Certified Knowledge in Fortinet (NSE 7) & Cisco (CCNP) technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge in Huawei, Ruckus, Brocade & Meraki technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of WAN, LAN, DC and other ICT technologies
- Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience of TCP/IP networks
- Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience with multi-vendor routers / switches / firewalls
- Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience with all routing protocols
- Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience with the implementation and troubleshooting of QoS
- You must be customer focused, have excellent organisational skills, have a logical approach to problem solving and demonstrate a strong technical mind set.
To apply for this role ( and for the full job spec) please emails: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01423 878 685
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.