Senior .Net Developer
£80,000 | Crawley | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
One of the biggest not-for-profit organisations with a rich heritage that provides insurance-based products to people working in the UK, they have become the experts in providing good value products that working people need providing financial services for over 75 years and they are currently on the hunt for a Senior .NET Developer.
They are looking for someone who can contribute to the performance of an effective and efficient IT Development function that supports their software needs and linked 3rd party organisations. Provide a customer-focused 'second line' service that delivers solutions to the business and end-users. Operate within the function's processes and standard operating procedures and actively, contribute to the achievement of the IT department's overall objectives.
* Contribute to the team's performance against agreed objectives and key performance indicators.
* Provide second-line guidance, instruction, and support service in IT software products and bespoke business software for end-users. Determines/recommends processes for enhancement and system change requests for identified problems with existing systems.
* Manages the accuracy, integrity, and security of data ensuring compliance with Data Protection and company policy.
* Where appropriate act as a solution lead.
* Where appropriate, clarify business requirements with appropriate stakeholders to ensure all objectives of projects are achieved.
* Design and develop appropriate software for in-house systems to deliver identified Requirements/needs for the business.
* Ensure all changes are documented In-line with the department's processes and procedures and best practices.
* Use initiative to plan and organise own work schedules to satisfy deadlines, workflow, and output requirements.
* Through a mentoring process, provide technical guidance and support to less experienced members of the team as appropriate and when required.
* Implement escalation procedure for important and urgent issues that may impact the availability of the business systems and contribute to problem-solving and solution processes.
* Recommend technical developments and software to enhance/improve the operational capability of the IT systems and where appropriate learn new skills without the need for formal training.
Skill / Experience:
- SQL /TSQL / SQL Server including database design.
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent.
- Object-Oriented applications.
- IOC & Unit testing.
- GIT / GIT Flow
- Financial services environment.
- Continuous Integration.
- Microsoft Azure.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.