Senior Manager IRRBB
Competitive | London | Permanent
Posted 21 days ago
InterQuest are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. They are looking for a Senior Manager, IRRBB to join their thriving team in London (hybrid working available).
In this role, you will:
- Support in the definition and scoping of the Treasury Risk Assurance function, promoting and implementing synergies and efficiencies while helping to secure an optimal and best in class control environment.
- Assist in challenging the first line control and risk owners to ensure that risk management activities are working effectively. This includes the following activities for IRRBB and Transactional FX risk:
-Provide subject matter expertise, advice, guidance, and effective challenge to the Risk and Control Owners.
-Report on the risk and control profile, including support in reviewing and testing the operating effectiveness of the control framework. Lead in scoping of analysis and checks where gaps are identified in the control framework.
-Support definition of the Risk and Control Library, including minimum control standards, with input from Risk Owners, and Control Owners, specifying key risks and key controls and providing guidance on continuous monitoring expectations.
-Recommend Risk and Control Assessment (“RCA”) scoping, and challenge where this is not appropriately applied in the RCA.
-Challenge Risk and Control Owners on risk and control management, including inherent risk, residual risk, control effectiveness ratings, issues, actions and events.
-Lead in targeted assurance reviews and deep dive of end-to-end processes across high-risk metrics.
-Monitor compliance of the minimum requirements applicable to the management of IRRBB and Transactional FX risk, as set out in relevant policies.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Treasury and Control knowledge and experience working in multiple legal entities
- Demonstrable experience of challenging views with courageous integrity to do the right thing
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven ability to handle multiple outputs at one time
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with experience in a complex global environment
- Knowledge of compliance procedures
- Experience of working with Operational Risk, Internal and External Audit
- Excellent business writing, communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Has developed a high level of professionalism and competency which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.