Senior Java - Full Stack Developer
£800 per day | Manchester City Centre | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 12 days ago
The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad technical skillset and extensive experience in this industry. We are looking for a Senior Java / Full Stack Developer to join us as we continue to build out our Tech Hub in the heart of Manchester. This strategic Manchester-focused initiative was set up with a mission to digitise our investment process and is critical to our technology transformation.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Agile Currency product team. You will:
- Work on a mix of greenfield application development and brownfield BAU on a sizable application estate.
- Provide technical advice to other developers and take an active role in designing new technical standards.
- Take ownership for driving change and innovation.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required:
- Java / SQL.
- Messaging (JMS / XML / JSON).
- Web services and REST API design (using frameworks such as Jetty / Jersey / Swagger).
- Distributed version control systems (preferably Git / Bitbucket).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (preferably Gradle / Artifactory / TeamCity).
- Unit / Acceptance Test Driven Development (such as Junit / Mockito / AssertJ / Concordion).
- Code as part of a team with frequent peer reviews (using tools such as Crucible / Bitbucket).
- Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
- Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development (Scrum / Kanban).
For more information on the spec feel free to get in touch
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.