Senior IT Applications Manager (FMCG)
£65,000 | Hendon Central | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
A fast growing, highly successful FMCG organisation is looking to hire a Senior IT Manager who can drive change, delivering key projects and helping develop the IT team into an enabling team of the future.
As a newly created role, we will work with the successful applicant to shape and evolve the position over time. To start with though, we expect the Senior Applications Manager to have experience with and focus on the following:
Overall Purpose of the Role
* To support and guide the IT Applications team in providing stable and fit for purpose applications to the Group
* To provide consistently excellent service and support to the users
* To consistently deliver quality, innovative and cost-effective technical and/or process solutions
* To program manage cross-platform system development projects
* To ensure consistency of delivery and methodology across all IT activities
* To support and deputise for the Head of IT in the operational management of the IT function
Candidate Requirements (Technical Skills):
* In-depth understanding of the role of IT in driving productivity, efficiency and growth, as much as protecting profit and safeguarding assets
* Experienced in team leadership and management
* Leadership demonstrated through hands-on involvement and team management practices
* Experience of managing technology within a fast-paced, growing business
* Knowledge of the latest technology combined with an appreciation for return on investment
* Knowledge of ERP and stock systems
* Retail experience, particularly in a head office environment
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to accurately interpret relevant information when solving systems issues and analysing requirements
* Experience in business analysis and requirements definition
* Ability to design logical processes, routines and sequences of activity
* Implemented and administered a project management or development methodology
* Project/programme managed complex cross-functional projects
* Successfully managed significant change within an IT function and the wider business
* Managed 3rd party service providers, including negotiating contracts, SLAs and SOWs
* Resource and timescales planning within a system support and development team
* Ability to structure the technical and personal development of self and team
* Extensive knowledge of SQL-based systems including T-SQL, SSIS, SSMS, SSRS
The crux of the role is to ensure that there is a clear understanding of business requirements and priorities ensuring appropriate IT solutions are identified & delivered in an expedient manner. You will define and own the IT Mission, formulate and deploy short, medium and long-term strategic IT Plans that align the IT business model with business needs of the organisation. A pre-requisite is the ability to communicate & present effectively to executive stakeholders. You'll be a strong influencer, able to get buy in from stakeholders & subordinates alike.
Apply now for more information!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.