Senior ISDA Documentation Negotiator
£90,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 7 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key asset management clients supporting with the recruitment of Senior ISDA Documentation Negotiator This is to join the team in their prestigious London office (remote working during COVID). This is an 18-month contract position with the client open to a day rate of up to £600 per day or a FTC of up to £90,000.
Senior document negotiator has responsibility for trading documentation with a large book of dealer counterparties covering a wide range of client types. Products covered are primarily OTC derivatives traded under an ISDA Master Agreement, Repo transactions traded under a GMRA, forward bond purchases under an MSFTA, FX-only mandates under an ISDA. The successful candidate will also be expected to assist (under the guidance of a senior lawyer) with the implementation of various regulatory projects that impact such trading documentation.
What is expected of the Senior ISDA Documentation Negotiator?
This is a key role in the transition of new clients onto our client's trading documentation and the implementation of regulatory initiatives impacting derivatives, repo documentation and forward transactions under MSFTAs.
The role will involve adding new clients and funds to existing ISDA Master Agreements, GMRAs, MSFTAs and negotiating additional ISDA/GMRA's and MSFTAs with new counterparties, and continuing to prepare the client business and its clients for Central Clearing globally, as well as preparing for new regulations and updating our client's platform documentation to reflect the changing regulatory landscape impacting such trading documentation.
There will be considerable interaction on a daily basis with counterparty banks as well as regular interaction with the onboarding team, fund managers, front office, Risk, Operations and the Client services team.
What we look for in a Senior ISDA Documentation Negotiator?
Technical Skills/Specialist Knowledge
* A minimum of 5 years ISDA/GMRA experience preferred
* Experience of acting for an Asset Manager preferred (although sell-side experience also welcomed)
* Confident and robust in a front office environment
* Comfortable taking on a mixed portfolio of both highly technical and administrative work
* Familiarity with core umbrella ISDA and GMRA provisions essential.
* Experience with such trading documentation for different entity types including pension funds, QIAIFs, UCITS Funds, etc. is preferred, but not essential.
* Familiarity with regulations impacting derivatives and repurchase agreements
What the Senior ISDA Documentation Negotiator will receive?
* Either a day rate of up to £600 per day or a salary of up to £90,000
* 18 month FTC contract
* Luxury central London offices (remote working during COVID)
* World class company with an excellent reputation
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.