Senior iOS Engineer (Remote)
Competitive | Oslo | Permanent
Posted 16 days ago
Senior iOS Engineer (Remote)- Salary is dependent on experience and location
We're looking for a full-time senior level engineer, with 4+ years experience in the iOS eco-system. Does this sound like you? Then keep on reading!
My client belives knowledge work is broken, but with your help we might just fix it. Powered by artificial intelligence and 50 brilliant minds, we craft software that helps people do their very best work. That includes you - we trust you to work on your own terms, define your schedule and directly influence where we're headed. You know where you're most productive, which is why you can work from our Oslo (Norway) HQ, our Pune (India) office, or remotely from european, indian, or american timezones. Whatever works; we're here for your best.
You are a confident, empathic, experienced iOS developer with a passion for building fast, functional and beautiful native applications. You can build a new application from scratch, with the same ease that you can expand and improve an existing complex codebase.
You want to work for a diverse start-up with dedicated, passionate, and skilled people. Being a developer isn't just about putting food on the table - you have a need to create. You strive to improve on your craft, code, and the people around you.
You play well with others, and your written and verbal communication skills are solid.
- You are located in Europe-compatible timezones, the Americas or around Pune, India, with remote working experience.
- 4+ years of experience with native iOS development, with extensive and up-to-date knowledge of what the UIKit and Foundation frameworks offer.
- You are fluent in both Swift and Objective-C.
- Solid understanding of iOS architectural patterns such as MVC, MVP and MVVM.
- Ability to work with codebases utilizing storyboards, sole interface builder files, or even none of the above.
- You consider testing important: When and what to test is a trade-off you know how to make.
- You are independent, detail-oriented, systematic and analytical.
- You've built, shipped and maintained at least one medium-large application.
- macOS development experience is big plus.
- You take pride in the work you do.
- Broad-perspective thinking, with the ability to identify how changes may introduce unwanted side-effects elsewhere.
- They should be confident and competent enough to push back if they feel we're heading down the wrong path on a work unit/feature request. Introverts are welcome, and it's fine to be "quiet", but after a warming-up phase, they will be expected to speak up when something rubs them the wrong way.
- They should be able to identify potential pitfalls early, instead of heading blindly into the rabbit hole.
-Strong opinions, loosely held, is encouraged. Heated arguments are rare, but welcome, so long as we argue from the perspective of "what is best for the product, and our customers". Once we conclude, we go towards the goal together. There are no "winner" or "loser" after the discussion is settled. We have a very open, trusting and emphatic work environment, and it is of utmost important that we stay on this path.
- Must play well with others, but still be able to work effectively on their own. Especially important if timezones are outside of core European hours.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- They should be hungry, continuously striving to hone their craft. We don't expect people to spend a bunch of their free time keeping up with the latest industry developments, but we expect them to take a certain pride in their work, and to be aware of important developments that directly impact their field.
- Ideally someone who has experience with time tracking from a previous engagement
- You have a solid eye for design and usability.
- You are knowledgeable about performance testing.
- You have experience working with large amounts of data on the client-side.
- You hate time tracking too.
What we can offer:
- Work with a highly skilled and diverse team across the globe.
- A competitive compensation package and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible working hours and complete ownership over your schedule
- Autonomy as a master of your own work
- Direct influence over where we're headed
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Technologies We Use
- Rails, MySQL, Redis on the backend
- ReactJS/Redux on the Frontend
- Python for data processing, machine learning and analysis
- Java and Kotilin on Android.
We aim for an efficient, responsive experience. After a screening, you'll talk with some of our developers, and presume a good fit, we ask
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.