Senior Hosting Solution Implementation Engineer
£340 per day | Basingstoke | Contract
Posted 6 days ago
Senior Hosting Solution Implementation Engineer required for a large international network operator/Carrier and you will be responsible for the validation, configuration, turn up and testing to ensure a successful handover to the support teams for all technical aspects related to the delivery of the clients managed hosting network solution.
The Senior Hosting Solution Implementation Engineer will work closely with Project Managers, Platform and Security build teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the client hosting network solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Checking MOP and QA's to ensure quality is at the highest standard.
- Recommend automation products that would be suitable and supportable.
- Create testing strategy document to ensure all implementations have an agreed testing plan
- Attend quality meeting covering Risk assessment board, Order acceptance & Build initiation to ensure new orders are standard, repeatable, have a template and are supportable working with Operations
- Attend 'kick-off' meetings to discuss upcoming installation projects and assist with network solutions/designs
- Configuration of all managed hosting equipment include core infrastructure
- Invoke technical change control where necessary
- Working with clients to validate service has been completed as per design
- Troubleshoot implementations during burn in phase
- Support the Project Managers in hosting network related queries that clients may have regarding their delivery.
- Completion of scheduled work requests as assigned.
- Contribute to ongoing team and department processes and procedures and implementation of good practices.
- Adhere to all Installation team and Service Delivery processes and procedures at all times.
- Implement and maintain the network implementation documentation and toolsets applicable to the role.
- Requirement to be part of the team flexible work pattern to cover the core business hours as directed by Technical Lead in alignment to the business needs.
- Work outside normal hours to support the business and client needs when required.
- Proven practical 3rd line experience in the installation and troubleshooting of routed, switched and hosted network solutions
- Proven practical experience in the Telecommunications, Managed Networking & Hosting Industry.
- Have an understanding of network design for routed and hosting solutions
- Have an understanding and practical experience of Cisco routers and switches and related IOS
- Has an understanding and practical experience of Juniper EX Series/QFX switches
- Demonstrable experience with all IP Routing protocols to a CCNP or JNCIS level
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.