Senior Group Accountant
£450 per day | London | Contract
Posted 27 days ago
Our client is a multinational loyalty and benefits company, who are seeking a Senior Group Accountant on a contract basis. This will be based in their luxurious offices in Central London paying between £400 and £450 per day for a period of 4 months or £75,000 permenatley.
As Senior Group Accountant you will have exposure to both technical accounting and management reporting. In addition, there will be frequent ad-hoc group projects, as directed by the Group Reporting Manager that will require your involvement. You will be required to work closely with other colleagues in the Group Financial and with the Regional and Divisional Finance teams worldwide.
What is expected of the Senior Group Accountant;
* Preparation of the Group management accounts for month-end, forecast and budget, and associated value-add commentary for inclusion in the Board Report and other ad-hoc internal reports for both finance and non-finance heads of business;
* Collation of the Group Board Report;
* Contribute to the development and implementation of robust data collection templates for month-end reporting, forecast and budget;
* Managing and monitoring the integrity of the management and financial data used for Board Report, management accounts, budget and forecasts;
* Drive the continued enhancement and build out of the group consolidation system (Infor) and provide training for regional and divisional teams; and
* Liaison with finance colleagues to support the continuous improvement of finance systems and processes to support evolving business requirements.
* Preparation of Group's consolidated statutory accounts and preparation of notes to the accounts;
* Preparing and updating Group Financial Accounting Policies and Group Financial Control Policies, and providing support to embed these across the group;
* Providing technical accounting support to regional and divisional finance teams
What we look for in a Senior Group Accountant;
The successful applicant will ideally have a quantitative degree (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Maths) achieving 2:1 or above, and completed a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA or overseas equivalent) with a minimum of 6-8 years relevant post-qualification experience of group consolidation and reporting in a large multinational company.
· Knowledge/experience of large and complex multi-national groups with multi-currencies
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Experience on financial consolidation system preferred
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
· Ability to work as part of a team
What the Senior Group Accountant will receive;
* Day rate between £400 and £450 or up to £75,000 permanently
* 4 month contract
* Luxury offices
* Modern working environment
* Excellent Benefits
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.