Senior Database Manager (SQL Server)
£61,181 | London | Contract
Posted +1 month ago
Senior Database Manager (SQL Server)- £53,174 to £61,181 per annum
UCL Institute of Education- Centre for Longitudinal Studies
The Centre for Longitudinal Studies (CLS), part of the UCL's Institute of Education, is recruiting for a Senior Database Manager with excellent skills in SQL Server database management, team management and ideally experience of managing patient, participant research or survey data.
The CLS is an Economic and Social Research Council centre that manages four of Britain's internationally renowned child and birth cohort studies providing an extensive multidisciplinary longitudinal resource to the wider research community.
The Senior Database Manager will be responsible for leading, developing and maintaining the
Centre's Cohort Maintenance & Sample Management (CMSM) database, currently hosted on a SQL Server 2014 (Upgrading to 2017 this March) platform, and overall responsibility for the technical infrastructure of the Centre. The role requires line management of two technical SQL Server development resources with scope to grow and develop the team and function further.
Senior Database Manager (SQL Server) - Essential Experience
* Technical expertise and ideally certification in SQL Server (2014) Database Management, SQL Server Data Tools, T-SQL and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Excellent skills and knowledge around data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL)
* Database design and data migration experience.
* Development or programming background with experience of Visual Basics or equivalent programming languages.
* Experience of working with a variety of database architectures and supporting products to support database technologies for ingesting, securing, processing and using data and information.
* Experience of managing infrastructure resources including frameworks and principles on both premises and cloud platforms.
* Excellent team management and leaderships abilities including line management of technical development resources whilst providing group leadership and strategy around the broader organisational objectives and strategy.
* Experience of working with patient, research or equivalent nonstandard people data.
* Knowledge of confidentiality and data security issues around the storage and processing of personnel data and relevant frameworks.
* Experience of supporting technical upgrades and migrations.
Senior Database Manager (SQL Server) - Desirable Experience
* Experience of tracking or contact databases, app development or understanding of related research.
* Experience of performing an IT management role within a University and or Research environment.
The role comes with excellent benefits including 27 days leave plus 6 closure days alongside a great pension scheme with 16% employer contributions.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.