Senior Data Scientist
£65,000 | Leeds | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 14 days ago
Data Scientists - competitive salary up to 65k DOE and generous benefits package
Online Retail Business, Manchester/Remote.
We are currently recruiting several opportunities for experienced Data Scientists to join a leading online retailer.
* Researches, designs, implements, tests and deploys Data Science solutions, using agreed standards and tools
* Proactively identifies opportunities for Data Science to add value and meet challenges within their team through the use of algorithmic, statistical, visualization, and mining techniques
* Helps their team apply a range of techniques to analyse data and provide insight
* Presents analysis and visualisations using appropriate methods to communicate complex messages
* Develops their Data Science knowledge through self-directed learning
* Applies scientific method through experimental design, exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing to reach robust conclusions
* Works in-line with data engineering best practises, including peer review and version control
* Follows established data governance, understands the legal, social and ethical implications of their work
* Python is essential, most is done within this already
* Useful to know: SQL
* The cloud and MySQL - looking to move towards AWS
Knowledge and experience:
* Masters degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, etc.)
* 1-3 years of working experience working in a Data Science capacity
* Knowledge of all Data Science facets: working with large data sets, Machine Learning, statistics, experimentation, data visualization, optimisation, software development
* Strong knowledge in at least one field of applied Machine Learning (e.g. Recommender Systems, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Causal Inference, scaling ML models, etc)
* Experience applying Data Science to business problems.
* Experience work in cross-functional teams (e.g. Engineers, Product Owners, etc.)
* Working knowledge of Python, SQL, R, Spark or similar technologies
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.