Senior Data Engineer
£69,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 24 days ago
**New Exciting Senior Data Engineer Opportunity**
Manchester - Fully Remote, £69,000 (£60k salary + 15% bonus)
An exciting opportunity to work for a tech literate business, seeing the fruits of your labour as you work with an ambitious team to build a completely new, globally unique product, delivering this to new and existing clients worldwide.
This Senior Data Engineer position is a key component in the growth of the Data Team. Supporting the existing team of data scientists, data engineers and analysts, this role will help provide the glue that enables the team to capitalise on the data assets the business has, and drive value from extracted insights.
You'll be working on a host of projects, from integrations with client systems and third parties, to building out a data warehouse capabale of handling batch and streamed data; machine learning tools for forecasting, customer insight and prediction and real-time reporting for the whole organisation.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to work on:
* Building infrastructure to support analytics,
* Productionising machine learning models
* Enabling data science and insight functions
* Building architecture to incorporate international networks of clients and suppliers
* Experience working as a Senior Data Engineer or experience leading engineering projects and developing and delivering solutions (ideally a Scrum Master, with experience working with Product teams)
* Good ideas and concepts with the ability to size up opportunities and project manage
* A genuine self-starter, eager to support our client's business in tackling real world strategic business and customer problems
* In-depth practical experience with AWS and will be comfortable leveraging services such as EC2, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, and Batch
* You'll be able to help shape our client's evolving data science environment
* Strong Python experience, detailed SQL knowledge, and experience dealing with API services to ingest and process data
* Ability to understand commercial and technical problems and help drive the solution both through technical design and through stakeholder and project management
* Naturally inquisitive and unafraid to offer solutions in a supportive and collaborative manner
* MLOps experience with ability to organise and productionise ML models
* Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and be a supporting team player
* As a growing team within the business, you will have the opportunity to help shape how they operate, work with the latest technologies, and grow your skills, experience, and responsibilities
* Great work culture: the feel of a tech start-up with the backing of a global corporate with fantastic career development and advancement opportunities
* Great holiday entitlement, free parking and significantly subsidised public transport
* AWS Certification (if needed) / online training/ exam vouchers/ tickets to events etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Our client is not able to offer sponsorship at this time
If you are interested and want to work for an organisation that truly value their employees, then apply today by emailing email@example.com
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.