Senior Cyber Security Manager
£100,000 | Surrey | Permanent
Posted 21 days ago
Our client is a world leading organisation in its field and our looking to take on Senior Cyber Security Manager. This role will suit someone who really is a leader in their field with all things Information Security. This is very much an advisory as opposed to operational role and they will need to demonstrate strong stakeholder as well as knowledge or understanding of Cyber Security.
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Cyber Security, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and oversight to the (Enterprise IT Services) business provided security operations team and broader PLC business. The role is charged with improving our Cyber Defensive capabilities, reducing technical vulnerabilities, and providing expert technical advice.
You will be expected to work closely with the Enterprise IT Services Team, the Global SOC and the business to design and articulate the technical aspects of the clients IT Security strategy. You will take a responsibility to establish of a new inter-SOC operational framework and participate in the establishment of a new SOC in other countries across the Global. Working with external suppliers and partners so that current and future situations can be adequately and robustly resolved.
Key requirements for this role:
* Significant experience of working at a senior level in a global business in IT Security activities leading to:
* Expert level understanding of Cyber Defensive capabilities, techniques, tactics and procedures
* At least five years' experience in managing a Security Operations Centre
* Experience developing own technical capabilities through coding and scripting (C++, Perl, Python, etc)
* Expert level of IT Security Infrastructure technologies, their implementation and configuration
* Expert level experience in at least one IT discipline (Networks, Active Directory, Applications)
* Practicable hands on expertise of at least one major area of IT (AD, networks, servers, Application security)
* Extensive experience of working with internal or external service providers to deliver IT systems in a regulated / accredited environment
* Experience of working in a complex, multi-site, federated and decentralised organisation.
* Strong awareness of and interest in trends in IT usage and IT technology
The client is offering excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, Bonus, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. They also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
If you are someone who wants to develop and progress in line with an organisation, in a fast-paced, ambitious environment - this could be the career move for you!
Shortlisting now, apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.