Senior Credit Underwriter
£85,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 22 days ago
Senior Credit Underwriter Opportunity | International Bank | London | Up to £85,000
The company is an established International Bank in London, who are looking to bring onboard an individual with a strong background in credit underwriting who is looking for the opportunity to gain the experience to help develop the skills to move forward to being a head of underwriting. There is a small team of analysts working on the new lending applications that you would manage, allowing you to provide recommendations to the Head of Credit to improve the day-to-day credit operations of the bank.
The role itself will primarily focus on underwriting ready buy to let, mezzanine, and commercial deals, where you will be working as the acting head of underwriting, as this role would give you more responsibility to work outside traditional underwriting. As there is more accountability and responsibility, allowing you to interact and engage with the senior directives, C-Suite and working with the Head of Lending.
They are looking for an individual who has
* Extensive underwriting experience
* Experience working on residential property and commercial underwriting, with a focus on ready buy to let and mezzanines.
* Knowledge of cashflow and balance sheet lending
* Experience leading junior analysts or managing a team of underwriters and analysts
* Strong communication and team working skills.
* Ability to develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
* Banking qualification would be an advantage
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.