Senior Compliance Manager
Competitive | London | Permanent
Posted 24 days ago
Title: Senior Compliance Manager (Global regulatory environment with a focus on the Middle East and Africa)
Department: Compliance Advisory
Our client is one of the largest investment management companies in the world. Supporting over 30 Million customers, 20,000+ pension schemes and over 12,000 Institutions with investment adice & support.
The ISS (Investment Solutions & Services) Business Compliance Advisory team provides consultancy and advisory services to professional client focussed distribution businesses, working in partnership with the other oversight functions, such as the AML, Legal and Risk teams. The role of the teams is to provide an excellent compliance service, promoting a compliance culture and enhancing the effectiveness, long-term profitability and reputation of the company through pro-active management of regulatory and reputational risk, undertaken in partnership with the business, and in the best interests of our investors and customers.
To support the Investment Solutions & Services (ISS) Business by providing broad based and comprehensive day-to-day compliance support and advice to ISS's distribution focussed businesses including strategy and the change agenda and associated regulatory developments. The role will have a global outlook, but with a particular focus on the Middle East and Africa.
* Providing day-to-day compliance support and advice on regulatory matters to ISS's distribution focussed teams.
* Supporting the business change agenda providing technical advice and support in respect of regulatory requirements, rules and guidance and other statutory requirements, systems, controls and procedures
* Ensuring robust control frameworks and processes are established to embed regulatory requirements throughout the ISS distribution businesses.
* Reviewing and approving documentation, policies and procedures
* Working in conjunction with the other oversight functions including Risk and Legal to ensure regulatory compliance and the management of regulatory risk
* Successfully manage relationships with key stakeholders
* Strong commercial investment management distribution experience and technical regulatory knowledge gained from working at an investment management firm, consultant, or regulator
* A working knowledge and understanding of the global regulatory environment, but with a particular focus on the Middle East and Africa
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to address difficult situations and influence key decision makers through knowledge and reasoning
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills. Having the confidence to express a point of view with conviction.
* Strong business partnership skills with ability to build networks across businesses and influence key decision-makers through knowledge, reasoning and relationships
* Ability to demonstrate personal honesty and integrity and to speak up when principles and values are being compromised.
* Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive service improvements.
* Self-sufficient, well organised and able to manage priorities and workloads
* A team player who can be flexible
* Relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.